07/10/2019 - 09/10/2019 at 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
In this application development-centric course, students learn about Oracle SQL statement tuning and how to write well-tuned SQL statements appropriate for the Oracle database. Students learn to interpret execution plans and the different ways in which data can be accessed. Students are shown how to decipher, decide and then apply tuning to their SQL code. Various tuning techniques are demonstrated. For example, taking advantage of bind variables, trace files, and using the different types of indexes.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.